Wednesday, October 7, 2015

1.2 Reflection: Personal Learning Goal

After completing the Digital Educator Course last spring, 2015, it is exciting to be back at school and starting the Online and Blended Teacher Course. It’s really cool that our cohort is the same. It’s nice that we have a common experience and we can continue learning together. Going through the online learning self-assessment left me feeling pretty good about my prospects for successful online learning. Doing the assessment made me realize how much doing the Digital Educator course has moved me forward. My highest priority learning goal for this course is to apply newly gained technical knowledge and skill to my Advanced Integrated Science classes in order to create engaging learning activities and foster student collaboration. I would like to learn about different blended classrooms and how they are designed. I really liked the Blended Learning at Mills High video. A student in the video mentioned that the class had structure but the students are allowed the freedom to solve the problem in any way they wanted. I would like to see my AIS students have a variety of tools to choose from, and I would like to see them build their problem solving and critical thinking skills.


The strategies and tools I would like to learn about include finding ways to incorporate short videos into a lesson to provide visual context and points of interest, and finding tech activities that provide formative assessment and quick checks for understanding. When I think of my AIS students I worry about them in terms of digital citizenship and I think it’s appropriate to spend time teaching this topic as we begin to use digital technology more readily. I would like to learn more about teaching good digital citizenship. I would also like to learn more about strategies to help students learn to critically analyze information. Finally, I want to find technology that will allow my students to collaborate online.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cary,
    Check out edpuzzle. I think it would be a great tool to help you integrate videos into your AIS class. We also have an edpuzzle session offered on 11/12 here at the district.

    ReplyDelete